What is Microneedling?
- Microneedling is a procedure that uses small needles to create micro-injuries in the skin to make our collagen and elastin production begin again. You will have a numbing solution applied to affected area before treatment begins.
- The procedure helps the patient to generate new collagen naturally, which helps give the skin volume and elasticity
- tightening and toning the skin
- reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- increasing collagen production
- increasing skin elasticity
- smoothing skin’s bumpy texture
- erasing acne scarring
Many patients describe it as a similar feeling to mild sunburn, which lasts about 24-48 hours. It is also likely that you’ll experience a little peeling in the first few days.
- Very Minimal!
- Apply Sunscreen
- Avoid too much time in the sun
- Avoid makeup for the first 24 hours
*Image obtained by Healthline*